This article covers specific setup and content entry for the Accordion Widget. If you've never set up a Widget, check the Setup Guides Section for a step by step guide for getting started.
The Accordions Widget is a flexible content area that allows you to configure an expanding and collapsing accordion or FAQ section that will be displayed on the front end of your store.
The image below shows an un-styled version of an Accordion Widget.
Content Entry Form
While entering content, you can enter the quote and the quote's author using the default widget setup.
By default, the Widget's content entry form will include the following:
- The title that will be clicked on to activate the accordion.
- The content within the accordion to be shown and hidden.
To edit configuration for this Widget, head into the Configure section in the sidebar under your item type, for example, under Products, choose Configure. Hover on the Widget to see options.
Widget Display Settings
- Open the first accordion item by default
- When the widget is first shown to the visitor, all items will be in the closed state. Check this option to force the first item to be initially open.
- Allow multiple accordion items to be open at the same time
- When this option is selected, clicking on any accordion will open or close it without impacting other accordions. By default, when an accordion is open, opening another accordion will close other open items.
- Open/Close Animation Time
- How long it takes for an item to open or close, in milliseconds.
Adding New Fields
From the Configure screen, select the plus to add more fields to this widget.
Select the code symbol to edit the basic HTML and liquid code for this widget.
HTML and liquid in our templates may be edited in the app or directly in your theme.
CSS can only be edited in your theme. The code page links to the correct theme file to edit the CSS.
Customizing Content Entry Fields
Some fields may have additional configuration options. For example, you might want to add some help text for your administrator on a particular field.